January 5, 2012

These Are My Everyday Failings

As women, we wear many hats. We are wives. We are a mothers. We are friends. We are members of our church and community. We are educators. We have careers. We are women.

It is a struggle each and every day for most of us to be all of those things, and to excel in each of those facets of our lives. Some days, it feels like we just barely get by. If attention is focused in one area, another must, by default, lose out.

So how is it that so many women out there seem to have it all together?

My thought is...they don't. The woman who has it all, and keeps it all together, is a facade created by the lens of social media and creative self-editing. The truth is, I believe that as women, we all struggle to keep a clean house, happy kids, a perfect marriage, great friendships, service to our community, and some sort of self-identity.

More of us look like Marge Simpson than June Cleaver, and that's OK!


Most days, you can still find me in my pajamas, drinking coffee at 4pm. I forget to take something out of the freezer for dinner, and at 5pm scramble to find something I can make that doesn't require much prep. I spend so much of my energy as a mother and a homeschooler, that often times I don't have enough energy to give my husband. I hope that this sounds familiar to someone, and that I am not alone in this!

Every day I am failing at something! Along that way I have learned that there is no such thing as having it all together, or the perfect Cleaver family. They simply don't exist! Instead of trying to keep up with the Joneses and pretend that I've got it all figured out, I thought it was time to get real and find practical ways to be a better wife, mother, friend, and woman!

So pull up a chair and watch as I fall flat on my face day after day! I hope that you enjoy the time that you spend here, and that you find encouragement along the way.

These are my everyday failings...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Michelle Lee Hogan DeFauw said...

"Most days, you can still find me in my pajamas, drinking coffee at 4pm. I forget to take something out of the freezer for dinner, and at 5pm scramble to find something I can make that doesn't require much prep. I spend so much of my energy as a mother and a homeschooler, that often times I don't have enough energy to give my husband. I hope that this sounds familiar to someone, and that I am not alone in this!"


You literally just described my life!Minus the homeschooling part. Lukas is a bit little for that just yet.

<3 you

Angela said...

HAHA I love it, I too fall flat on my face daily. Love you girl

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...